Monday, August 22, 2011

Lightened Up Potato Salad

I have always loved potato salad! Unfortunately, usually as I eat it I can feel my butt expanding as the mayonnaise enters my system. When I found this recipe it made me really happy! http://www.SkinnyTaste.com by Gina Homolka is one of my favorite web sites and if anyone would have a skinny potato salad it would be her! Not only is this a delicious recipe but it presents itself beautifully as well. Always a plus when you are entertaining!

The is supposed to be done with small red potatoes but unfortunately I couldn't find any that I could buy individually at the store. If I wanted a years supply of potatoes it would have worked but it wasn't for me this time around. I definitely modified her recipe a little bit and have posted my take on her recipe below! I definitely am a saucy girl so if you would like it to be less saucy half the ingredients of the sauces except for the olive oil.

Lightened up Potato Salad Click here for a printable recipe!
By Gina Homolka

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups cooked potatoes, cut in small pieces
  • 1 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
  • 1/4 cup shallots, finely diced
  • 4 scallions, diced
  • 2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
  • salt and fresh pepper

  • 1. Cook the potatoes through in salted boiling water and when they are ready dice them into small pieces. Mine were about a 1/2 inch.


    2. Mix the bell pepper, shallots, dijon mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and mayonnaise thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. Let the flavors blend for a little while. By the time you are finished with the taters you should be good to go! They take a little while I discovered.



    3. Blend the sauce, bell pepper and shallot mix with the potatoes. Then add the scallions. Reserve a few to sprinkle on top for when you put it in the serving dish!


    This was my side dish for my BBQ chicken in my previous post. I think this is a great dish for a BBQ or a luncheon. It is attractive on the table and delicious!



    Enjoy!

    ME

    No comments:

    Post a Comment