Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Slow Cooker Pork Chops

So.. I feel like I've been neglecting my Blog and my poor sweet husband who came home after a week long business trip to me saying, "Well babe... we can go out?" I spent a good two hours yesterday looking for something that would make him happy and be a little bit different to put on here! 


I found about three different recipes and took bits and pieces from each one so I'm just going to call this one essentially an original. One of the things I realized when I sat down for dinner is that I never seasoned it with salt and pepper but it didn't matter. It was still delicious! I did use the chicken stock with full sodium so I believe it came from there but that works for me! The Hubs was so happy he has requested a regular rotation so man pleasing status is a full go!


I made two pork chops with this recipe and I would double it for four to make sure there is enough liquid to cook it in. This liquid will turn into a plethora of goodness and if I had known this when I began I would have definitely had toasted french bread or roll of some kind to sop it up with after the pork is long gone in the belly. I served it with a salad because I wasn't sure when the man was coming home but if I had the ability to time it I would have served it with brussel sprouts and I think asparagus would go well with it as well. They need to cook for about 6 hours and it takes 30 minutes to prep.


Slow Cooker Pork Chops
ME
Printable Page


Ingredients


2 bone in pork chops
1 medium onion halved sliced from root to tip
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs margarine
1 1/2 cup fat free chicken stock
Juice of 1/2 a large lemon or 1 small
1/4 cup of dry white wine (you could go without this but I felt it gave it a bitterness that I LOVED)
4 sprigs of thyme


Directions


1. Pour olive oil in a medium or large sauce pan over high heat and brown both sides of the pork chops. I covered it to prevent too much oil splatter. About 2 minutes on each side.


2. Place half the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and then the pork on top of that. Add the thyme.


3. Lower the heat to medium high, put the other half of the onion in the pan you took the pork out of and brown the onion. After about three minutes add the garlic, chicken stock, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. - A good trick for juicing lemons is to squeeze it around a fork.









4. Add the mixture to the slow cooker with half the onion, thyme and pork chops in it. Cover and cook on LOW for six hours.





5. After six hours remove the thyme and plate the pork chop. Don't be surprised because it will be falling apart with tender goodness! I recommend using a spoon. The spoon as much of the delicious mixture over the pork as you would like. 








Enjoy!


ME

No comments:

Post a Comment