Monday, October 31, 2011

Turkey Sausage and Gnocchi Soup

Ooooh my goodness I made this forever ago and started the post about three weeks ago and completely failed to post it. Lately life seems to be keeping me hopping!!!

The weather is finally starting to cool down here in Houston and this has quickly become one of my favorite soups!! A dear friend of my introduced me to the original Cooking Light recipe but I obviously changed it up because goodness knows how much I love salt. This is also originally served with grated Parmesan cheese which I had available for the hubs but I thought it was delicious without it!


This was an easy after work dinner to make and I had plenty of leftovers to get me through the week which is always a good thing! You could easily cut this in half and mess with the amounts o


Turkey Sausage and Gnocchi Soup
by Cooking Light
Printable Version



Ingredients

  • pkg of turkey sausage, about 6 links
  • 12 cups of beef broth (I like broth!)
  • 16oz package fresh gnocchi 
  • 14.5 can of diced tomatoes
  • 4 sprigs of thyme
  • fresh grated Parmesan cheese 
  • salt and pepper

Preparation

  • 1. Remove the sausage from the casings and cook in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stirring the sausage constantly to crumble it for about 5 minutes. Cook until browned

2. Add the beef broth, tomatoes, gnocchi and thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes to blend the flavor. Season with salt and pepper to taste.



3. Remove the sprig of thyme and ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired!!


No comments:

Post a Comment